Sunday, February 07, 2010

So close

We were $1700 away from a car. The perfect car. The one that is exactly what we want. And we do, in fact, have the money for it. But it would bring our savings account down below what I feel comfortable having. And we were really borrowing against our tax return (we are getting one this year for the first time since we got married) and our bonuses, but we still can't do it. I would not be able to sleep at night if I had less than my magic number.

$1700. That I had. And we walked away.

The vehicle in question is a sangria red Ford Escape XLT with sync, a sunroof, and dark interior.
Do you know how many of these vehicles are within a 100 mile radious of where I live? 1. Yup, the one we were so close to today. We are waiting for a call tomorrow with some new figures, but I have no great hopes.

I toyed around with not getting the sunroof and sync, but we really want those options. And we plan on having this car for a long time, so I'm comfortable with waiting a few more months to find another one and boost up the savings a little bit more. I *might* be willing to go with another color, but I love the sangria red.

It was hard for me to walk away from this car, but I know it was the right thing to do. A few more weeks with that goddam Sentra until another Escape shows up within 100 miles.

No comments: