Wednesday, January 27, 2010

update

Somehow Baby Girl hit 7 months when I wasn't looking. I'm not really sure how that happened. She can stand now - not on her own, but if you are holding her hands she'll stand. She still shows no interest in crawling. I know she's still young for crawling, but she used to seem like she would do it, and now she couldn't be bothered. She'd rather sit or stand. We'll see whether she decides to walk or crawl first!

She's a champ at saying da-da-da-da-da, but doesn't really work on her other consonants. She does, however, scream at the top of her lungs in really embarrassing places. Like the grocery store and at restaurants. They are happy screams, but they are SCREAMS. My friend who has a baby a month older than BG said her son went through the same screaming phase, so hopefully this is just something most babies do and she will get over it soon!

We put her Big Girl car seat in my car last weekend. It was sooner than we would have done it, but we got it on a super sale and we don't have room to store anywhere. And the infant seat was getting really heavy for me to carry around. So this is how BG rides in style nowadays (in my car only, the baby seat is still in Daddy's car!)

She's on 3 solid meals a day now, and I am debating giving up nursing entirely. It makes me sad, but I made it longer than I thought I would. I finally decided that I would do it until her first birthday, but it's getting harder and harder to pump at work and she doesn't nurse at home as much as she used to because of the solids. We have to supplement with formula for about 50% of her feedings right now. I'm thankful I got this far, and we're just taking it a day at a time.

In other, non baby, news, the weight loss is still going strong. That being said, this past week has been terrible and I full expect to gain this Friday. But I've accepted it, and I just hope to lose what I gained by the next weigh in. I just keep reminding myself that it's a marathon, not a race!

No comments: