Sunday, January 24, 2010

Ave Maria

There are 2 rules I am to remember when the time comes to plan my mother's funeral. First, they are to play Ave Maria - no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Ave Maria is.to.be.played. Secondly, my father is strictly forbidden to bring a date. Strictly forbidden. The latter is more of joke between my mother and her best friend (her husband is also not allowed to bring a date to her funeral). The former is a request I have probably heard a million times in my lifetime.

The result of that request is I cannot listen to Ave Maria without crying. Because in my mind I am at my mother's funeral, and that makes me cry. It's such a beautiful piece of music, and I can't listen to it! Such a sad loss.

So, while I'd also enjoy Ave Maria at my funeral, I will not be making that request (in jest, it's always made in jest, but I am still psychologically scarred by it) to Baby Girl.

Also? Don't let Andrew bring a date.

1 comment:

Bree said...

Hey, MORBID.