Monday, August 03, 2009

bringing the world up to speed

It's hard to be a good blogger when you have a 6 week old. I'm trying, but more often than not I'm coming up short. Here are some sound bites from topics I wanted to blog about but never found the time:

* I had my 6 week postpartum appointment today. I was really sad that my pregnancy is now officially over. Even though I didn't really love the pregnancy, I'll still miss it. I do love the end result though, and the monthly/biweekly/weekly appointments were always some kind of adventure!

* Professor Gates - you are a loser. That's really all that needs to be said on that. Also, what is the point of getting together for a beer if the press core is 100 feet away?

* The only way I could have taken advantage of Cash for Clunkers is if I got a hybrid... or apparently any VW. But both hybrids and VWs are too expensive, so I lose out because I bought a fuel efficient car in the first place. So I don't care that it ran out of money. When am I going to get some kind of government handout? I swear, the entire country has gotten something, I've gotten nothing. BOO.

* I like the daycare we've picked out and I'm comfortable leaving Baby Girl there. I also know she'll get a lot out of being with trained professionals who have curriculum to follow and she'll have little baby friends to hang out with. But I'm really going to miss being home with her. (And watching NCIS, obviously)

* 90 degree weather sucks. I normally love it, but it means BG and I can't walk! I need my daily walks!

No comments: