Sunday, June 07, 2009

fury of a thousand suns

We are proud owners of Wii Fit. I've wanted it for a long time, but I am in the biggest fight with it. I knew going in that it would tell me I'm uber fat. After all, I am 9 months pregnant and I'm carrying a lot of excess weight right now. Why it doesn't have a pregnancy setting, I don't know. In my opinion it should - staying fit and healthy is important to pregnant women. Anyway, the point of the matter is, the Wii thinks I am obese and yells at me. I don't like it. Anid my Mii is so fat, the stomach is hanging out of the shirt. I yelled back at it last night and told it to go find a maternity shirt with some extra room in the belly, but apparently the lifeless digital form of me doesn't actually take non binary orders. So I have a fat and sloppy Mii until after this baby is born.

And, I can't do the balance activities. I used to have good balance (all those years of gymnastics and figure skating) before I was in the family way. But now my center of balance is so far off with a full term baby waiting to be born, that I can hardly balance correctly on 2 feet. However, since I can't do them (or a lot of the strength training ones) I can't unlock more of the activities that I can do (mainly yoga and aerobics). You have to do all the activities to unlock more of them, you can't just concentrate on yoga and open unlock more yoga poses. I understand why - they are making you work out your whole body - but I'M 9 MONTHS PREGNANT AND THEY ARE JUST MAKING IT HARDER FOR ME!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm sure there's a code to unlock those somewhere on teh internets. That might work? It seems pretty dumb that it doesn't have some pregnancy setting.