Saturday, May 23, 2009

It took me 36 weeks...

but I am so milking this pregnancy right now. The annual cleaning out of the garage is happening right now, and I am not helping. While I do feel somewhat guilty about this (no one likes to do it after all) I am more than happy to actually listen to my mother (for once) when she tells me I shouldn't be doing things. You're right Mom, I really shouldn't be cleaning out the garage. Plus I'm somewhat unhappy that Andrew bought a 6 pack of Shipyard Summer Ale and I can't have one. So I don't feel as badly as I probably should that he is out there helping my parents, and I am not.

It's been kind of a quiet Memorial Day Weekend this year. It's early - as early as Memorial Day can be - and it's really not summer yet. The weather down the cape has been pretty crappy. We didn't get the 90 degree weather that Boston got, and it's very hard to get into the summer spirit when it's 60 degrees and chilly.

I can't do a lot - I can't ride my bike, I can't go to the driving range (never mind pretend to shoot the front 9 at Falmouth CC), I can't even walk the route I usually walk without wanting to fall over dead. A very different Memorial Day than we usually have, but it's been a very different 8 months than I usually have :)

This weekend I had one family member tell me I look huge and I must be having a gigantic baby, and one family member tell me that I haven't gained any weight at all and I look terrific. Guess which family member I like more!

2 comments:

Andrew said...

I'll drink them, but I won't enjoy it.

Unknown said...

I think you did enjoy them...