Sunday, March 08, 2009

Daylight savings started at 2am this morning. And though I hate getting up to go to work when it is still dark, I love having that extra hour of light at the end of the day. It's still too cold to do anything with that extra hour, but at least it is there. Spring is so close, the snow is practically melted, I might be able to open a window in my house soon... this is the start of good things to come. I am going to ignore the fact that it's supposed to be cold and snowy tomorrow. Those days are going to be few and far between for right now.

With the arrival of spring, my pregnancy is winding down. I still have 15 and a half weeks left until my due date (like that means anything!) but seeing as 24 and a half weeks are behind me, I'm sliding towards the finish. I can see the baby move from the outside now. That is freaky. To be honest, the fact that being pregnant means a living thing is growing inside of you has always freaked me out. And it still does - thinking about it makes me somewhat queasy. But when you can see something punching you from the inside... there's no denying it. I told Andrew yesterday that mammals are gross. This is no way to procreate - I think whatever supreme force created mammals was actually having a joke at our expense.

Spring also means that school is winding down. I have nothing good to say about school other than the fact that it is almost over. I'm trying not to let things get to me this semester because it is almost over, so I will just leave it at that. May 29 is going to be a happy day for me for more than one reason.

No comments: