Monday, January 12, 2009

social media whore

I added my Twitter updates to my blog. If you aren't using Twitter, you should. If you went to college during AIM's heyday (aka, when I was in college and even Friendster had yet to be created, never mind Myspace and Facebook), and you were obsessive about checking away messages (and come on, who wasn't?) then Twitter is for you. And it's still for you even if you weren't an obsessive away message checker, because it's fun! Using today's current social media terminology, it's kind of like updating your facebook status, but only your followers will see the udates. If you know me, you know my Twitter screen name - so add me! I update Twitter from my phone - I have a smart phone, but even if you don't (ie, even if you don't have a phone with a full internet connection) you can still access Twitter via the web and text messages. You have to sign up online, but then you can register your phone with them and you can update via text. It's all very easy, very fun, and very addicting.

No comments: