Friday, October 10, 2008

It's the most wonderful time of the year...

I know some of you will kill me for saying this, but Christmas is just around the corner. And I hate Christmas. People tell me I am too young for Christmas, but really, I think I'm at a perfectly cromulent age to hate Christmas. It's stressful, I never have any idea what to buy anybody, I don't have any money to buy any presents, the only little kid in my life is still grasping the concept of waving at people and not inanimate objects - so clearly she's a little early for Santa, I have classes and finals and papers due up to the week before Christmas... I could go on and on. But I hate Christmas. This year, however, I am going to try something different. I am GOING to enjoy Christmas. I am going to track down that elusive Christmas spirit and I am going to spread happiness and joy and NOT be Scroogerific. I need to start thinking about how I am going to accomplish this feat now, because there's only something like 76 days till Christmas.

Also, Isaac was born and died this week. If you go over to his mother's blog, I encourage you to read from the beginning, or at least from a few months ago. I'd been following his parent's story since this past summer and I was really hoping for a miracle. Sadly, his little life was only 16 minutes, but he managed to do more in his 16 minute life than some people do in a lifetime.

No comments: