Sunday, July 13, 2008

Random ramblings

Summers are obviously different now than when I was a kid. Which means a lot of things, but most important to me is the weekends are that much more precious. To me a rainy weekend is God cheating me out one of the 10 weekends of summer - which isn't very nice. Thankfully there hasn't really been a rainy weekend, or more aptly put, there hasn't been a weekend that hasn't been, in some way, salvageable. For which I am supremely grateful.

However, all the summer fun crammed into one weekend instead of one week is extremely tiring. After yesterday's Big Day, I fell into bed around 9:30 and woke up at 8:00 this morning. That is a LOT of sleep. Usually during the week I'm in bed at the earliest at 10:30 and crawl out of bed at 6:20 - to me, that is not nearly enough sleep. Usually I can manage to stay up past 9:30, but I was out in the sun practically all day yesterday (covered in sunblock and I still have a red face!) and it just took everything I had out of me.

In other news, my second summer session starts up tomorrow. Which means the summer is already halfway over! Boooooo!!!! But at the time of publication, I have 10 months, 2 weeks, and 2 days left of school. I CAN get through that, and by the time I do, it will be summer again!







Did this post have a point? I can't tell - I sat down to write about a woman I saw on a motorcycle, but I think that will be a later post.

No comments: