Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Mount Canton

Andrew wanted to take the bikes home this week just to try having them in Canton. Personally, I don't think they will get much use here, but I'm certainly willing to see how it goes. Today I had 3 library books to return and I had a bike sitting in my kitchen. So I put the two together - and it was a lot harder than I thought it was going to be. It's about a 2.5 mile ride, which is nothing on a bike, but when it's 90 degrees and humid outside, it can be a lot. And apparently the slight incline on Sherman Street was built up to a mountain overnight.

When I got to the library, I was so hot and sweaty it was embarrassing to walk around. I grabbed two books as fast as I could and got back on the bike and headed home. That's when I realized we have a mountain in Canton. And not Blue Hills.

I did really enjoy the bike ride, though I didn't enjoy carrying it up 3 flights of stairs after a hot ride on such a muggy day. I don't know if I will keep my bike here during the week, but I realized I do miss having my bike around. We'll see how much I use it the rest of the week.

No comments: