Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Is there a better time?

Being a full time worker and part time student I get almost no vacation time. I get exactly 6 weeks off from school a year and 4 of those take place in December and January. One week takes place in the end of August and one week is in March for spring break. As I don't take a lot of vacation in the middle of winter and really, March isn't good for much, I don't bother taking time off from work. But two weekends a year, Memorial Day and whenever the weekend after July 4th falls, I happen to be between semesters. And to celebrate that joyous fact, I take some time off from work. As of 4:51 this afternoon, I was on Vacation - through next Monday! 5 glorious days of NO WORK and NO CLASS!

We're heading down to the cape tomorrow afternoon. I'm so ready for a break. I've been bowled under by an unmanageable amount of stress lately. Which resulted in me crying a lot last weekend. Crying during the season finale of Numb3rs. What a sacrilege. This weekend is stress free, work free, and school free.

Very. Excited.

No comments: