Sunday, January 28, 2007

Apres Freeb

I first want to update everyone who hasn't been to my humble abode recently and seen my new piece of furniture that my brother and Andrew killed themselves to put together. We finally have more counter, drawer, and cabinet space in the kitchen! And it is the first and last piece of furniture that I will ever in my life buy from Ikea. I'd rather spend more money and have less hassle getting it together. Here we go:

It now has more than just the toaster on it, it has a coffee maker, wine rack, and toaster on it. Plus some random mail, and some mail that isn't so random - we've apparently decided that our tax documents should be stored on top.


Note how it matches the table and the cabinets. My father and brother really really liked that. I think they both missed their calling as interior decorators.

So there you go, that's the new(ish) addition to my kitchen. No longer to do I have to open the refridgerator to get a utensil out of the drawer. This weekend Andrew and I went skiing again. The conditions were absolutely perfect and I think it was one of the best days we both have had. There was a light snow all day that made everything beautiful. It was freezing though (it was actually 6 degrees at the summit)- we were bundled up enough that neither one of us was cold, since we have more base layers, fleece layers, hand and feet warmers than we could ever need, but my camera did freeze. So while I did get some pictures - they aren't great and we could only get 3 on top of the mountain before my camera just shut off and wouldn't start again. So unfortunately, no pictures of me on the mountain, but I did get Andrew. And Blogger is being a bitch and won't let me post any more pictures today. So sad. I love Gunstock. I can't wait to go back. After we left we went to Andrew's brothers house, were we did a lot of chilling and played Spongebob Monopoly. The adults had their own special rules going on. Never have been doubles and passing go been so much fun in Monopoly. I did not win.

That's all for now folks!

No comments: