Friday, December 15, 2006

Stonger than yesterday!

Since it's December and I don't get to carry over any vacation time, I've been using them up. Actually I don't think I have worked a 5 day week since the 2nd week of November. Anyway, now that school is winding up (all I have do to at this point is show up at class tomorrow and then it's another semester down!) I have time to actually devote to the gym. For the next 6 weeks I can actually workout, it's not just a run in, hop on the ellipse for 40 minutes, and run home. So because I have a lot of vacation time to use up, I had a half day yesterday. And because I can now go to the gym and put in some effort, I put my free afternoon to good use yesterday. I spent a good amount of time at the gym, and I did my weight machines AND cardio. At my gym, you can log into each machine. Well each machine they put your infomation into. When you fist sign up, they match you up with a trainer and your trainer sets you up on 8 machines - 4 upper, 4 lower body. If you want more machines, you have to pay for anothter training session. BUT you do not have to be logged into a machine to use it. It's just easy if you are because it tells you what your settings are on that machine, it keeps track of your progress, it tells you what how much weight you should be lifting, it yells at you if you go too slow or too quickly. Personally, I think it's great. Not great enough to pay to get to log-in to more machines, but still, it's fantastic. So I went to log-in yesterday and my account had been frozen. I had to get a trainer to un-freeze it for me. It was a little embarrasing to find out the last time I had actually logged into the system. Now, I don't log-in every time I use it, because sometimes I only have limited time to get through everything. But I hadn't logged in a very very long time. I did my 8 machines - I had to lower the weights, and I couldn't even get through 3 sets of 12 reps. At best I did 2 sets of 12 reps. On some machines I don't even think I could do that much. And then I got on the ellipse - I have no problems with cardio workouts, as I always do that. But after putting my body through weight training hell, I couldn't even get through my entire cardio workout. I thought I was going to die. I came home and sat on the couch for about three hours trying not to throw up. I am so out of shape! But I'm whipping myself back into shape, no more sick for three hours after I work out! Luckily today is not a weight training day, merely a cardio day. :) Which is good because my muscles are still extremely achey.

Tonight I am going to see the Rockettes! :) Should be fun.

No comments: