Friday, September 28, 2012

Christmas is coming!

Less than three months people!  Are you getting ready?   As usual,  I started my shopping early (in July this year) and I thought I would be ahead,  but now it's almost October and I realized I am in no way ahead. 

I have a conundrum about my Baby Girl's "big" present - I want to get her the LeapFrog LeapPad or something like it.   But LeapFrog puts out a few different products:  LeapPad 1,  LeapPad 2, Leapster GS,  Leapster Explorer, Tag, and Tag Jr. Which one am I supposed to get?   What we should really do is buy her an iPad and just put the apps on it,  but something in me is uneasy about giving a 3.5 year old her own iPad.   She knows how to use one though - she can find the Disney Junior app on mine and either watch a show or play her favorite Jake and the Neverland Pirates game in about 0.03 seconds.  Sometimes I move the app around to see if it will trip her up and it never will.

I really don't know what to buy.  I have asked Andrew to look into it and see if he can find any reviews on them to see which would be the best one to get,  but I don't know if his techie reviews will be good enough to help me decide which one Baby Girl will like the best.  

I'm pretty sure the Christmas I was 3.5,  Santa brought me a doll or something.   I know he would have brought me a LeapFrog something or other if they had existed,  but I was tragically born 30 years before all the cool stuff for kids came out.  (except Big Wheels existed when I was a kid and I always wanted one and NEVER GOT ONE AND I AM SO DEPRIVED)

Woe is me.  

My Little Man will most likely get stacking blocks or something.   Or maybe I'll just let him eat the wrapping paper from Baby Girl's presents!  What else would a 6 month old want??

No comments: