Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas? what?

Christmas is in a few days.   Chances are we will be spending Christmas at the Massachusetts General Hospita  (or, "The Gen" for those in the business.  Or, "Boston Gen" for those of us who are fictional characters on Grey's Anatomy referencing MGH)

I'm lucky that Baby Girl is still young and doesn't REALLY get Christmas yet.   She won't care if after we do out Santa presents, we hop in the car and go to the doctors to see Grandpa.  She doesn't know that's not normal.   Also, she likes to visit Grandpa at the doctors because there is an unlimited supply of crackers in a special drawer, and she knows where it is.    

I, however, do know that spending Christmas in a hospital is not normal.   I don't want to do it.   I don't want anyone to be in the hospital,  I don't want to have to drive into MGH ever again,   I don't want to know how to navigate my way around, and I don't want to go back.   I will be back tomorrow thought,  if not tonight.   I am so ready for this to be over.

And sadly,  I had to turn off the Pioneer Woman's Christmas special.   Oh my god,  all that butter, and prime rib, and butter, and cream.... and butter.    Apparently she wants to spend Christmas at MGH too! 

No comments: