Sunday, February 27, 2011

trying again

Sesame Street is on my TV right now. The vegetables are protesting for equal treatment and Anderson Cucumber is reporting - he's a cucumber that is wearing an Anderson Cooper wig and a 3 piece suit. I laughed for a good 5 minutes when he came on screen. And at the end of the report (the veggies got their respect, natch) he told us to stay tuned for Soledad O'Broccoli. HA! And the next segment are plain white T's (the actual letter) singing a song about T's that sounds an awful lot like "Hey There Delilah" by the Plain White T's. Sesame Street never fails to make me laugh.

Okay, so remember a few years ago when I said I wanted to complete the Couch to 5K program (C25K)? And then I didn't get past week 4. Le Sigh. I'm going to try it again. I need to wait for daylight savings to return - I'm not equipped to run at night, plus there is still snow covering the sidewalks (and it's SNOWING RIGHT NOW!!!! MEH!!!) so running outside will be difficult right now. Unless my work is willing to give me 12 weeks off for the sole purpose of completing this program. Somehow I don't see that happening, so if I want to do this outside (and I do) I need to wait a few weeks. I really want to be running outside and not on a treadmill.

In summation: Sesame Street is still really funny. And I'm going to start C25K again.

If any runners want to give me some helpful tips I would greatly appreciate it. And if you see a short chuby girl running around, don't laugh at her. We all can't be tall and skinny.

No comments: