Monday, November 01, 2010

wow

November? what?

Dear My Life,

Please stop flying by. Thanks.

Love,
MKO

Yeah. November. Almost Thanksgiving. In the past few years I have grown to LOVE Thanksgiving week, mostly because my company which is notoriously awful at recognizing federal holidays, does in fact give us the day after Thanksgiving as a holiday. And Wednesday happens to be my regular day to work from home. So I only have to go into the office two days that week of Thanksgiving. Therefore: Thanksgiving = possibly the best week of the year.

We do the every other year thing with Thanksgiving, mainly because we couldn't figure out what else to do. This year is Kwinzee for Thanksgiving.

Pros: No driving the day before Thanksgiving, no pork hidden in the stuffing (BLEH), and Baby Girl isn't going to freak the eff out because there are 18 million people around. Cons: no appetizers (for reals. I know. awful.), I am at my mother's beck and call (what? ungrateful spoiled child?), there are 3 sets of stairs that Baby Girl will try to be climbing ALL DAY and no way to block them off.

I was pregnant and threw up a lot the last time I was at my parent's house for Thanksgiving. I am neither pregnant nor throw uppy this year, so let the festivities begin!

No comments: