Sunday, January 03, 2010

January

I know I should have a nice snow picture for January, but I can't bring myself to take a picture of the snow right now. It's only January 2nd, and I'm already done with winter. So instead I found this picture, it was taken in Maine at Val's wedding in September. It's one of my favorites from that weekend. Maybe by February I can get a really nice snow picture. I'll try, at any rate.

In an effort to not get so much take out, Andrew and I made homemade fish and chips last night. We over cooked the fish, but it was still good. And the fries were really yummy. While it was no fish and chips platter from the British Beer Company it was still pretty good. I'm not in love with it yet; the recipe still needs tweaking, but once I get there, I'll post it for you.

This weeks starts 5 months without a single day off. The powers that be at my company have deemed it unnecessary to have a single day off between January 1st and Memorial Day. This has never mattered to me before because of my flex time - but now that I am not on flex time, I'm a bit concerned. I don't want to take vacation days in the winter so I can sit at home and stare at the TV all day, but I may have to. It's not healthy to work 5 full months without a day off. I will try to work as long as I can though and hopefully wait until late March before I take a day or two.

And that's all I have today.


1 comment:

Bree said...

Yes, I'm right there with you. Except my company relies heavily on the UNITED STATES POSTAL SERVICE. So why we're not closed when they are remains a mystery to me...