Sunday, October 18, 2009

my 3 little friends

Almost 4 years ago, my friends Ian and Bree got married. It was a fabulous wedding and everyone had a great time. And after it was all done, I ended up with 3 of their bottles of wine that they gave as favors. Two reds and a white, two little bottles and a big bottle (I have zero idea why I have three bottles and why I have a big bottle. But I do).

Those three bottles of wine have been in my house since we moved in. We got them 4 months before we bought our place, so I don't really know where they were for those 4 months. The point is, we've had them for a very long time. And I have no idea why. I'd certainly keep the bottles, because they have personalized IandandBree labels. So the bottles are keepsakes. The actual wine? Well, that should be consumed. But we never drank it. And now I feel like I can't.

Last Thursday, Andrew and I were staring at this wine. The bottles are now permanent fixtures on our wine rack. At this point, I don't think we will ever drink it. Since we waited for so long, I feel like its a sacrilege to drink it. I like the bottles sitting in my wine rack. I like brushing the dust off every time I deep clean the kitchen.

So I think they will just continue to follow us around for the next 40 years :)

No comments: