Tuesday, November 04, 2008

vote early, vote often

Did you vote today? I'm anxiously awaiting the results of the questions on the MA ballot. I love how CNN announced the Obama won Vermont with 0% of the precincts. And they announced South Carolina will go to McCain, even though Obama is winning there right now. I know they're probably going to be right, but it's just a little odd to see it.

This is my 3rd presidential election - the first being the shitshow that was 2000. That was a fun election; we had an Election Night gathering in the North Lounge in Cushing at Saint A's. There was excitement at the beginning of the night... around midnight people were walking around in circles muttering bad things about Florida. People would begin saying worse things about Florida in the coming days, but that night we didn't know how bad it was going to get. I have no memory of the 2004 election. Probably because the thought of 4 more years of Bush was sending me into a deep depression.

I hope everyone voted, and if you live in MA, I hope you voted the right way on the ballot questions!

No comments: