Thursday, August 28, 2008

Must See TV

I have a lot to say about our trip thus far. The two most important are: don't waste your time on the National Geographic Society Museum and make sure you devote AT LEAST 3 hours to the Newseum. I'm serius - the Newseum. We only had about 2 hours to wander about and I think 3 hours is the minimum to get everything out of it. It's proabably the best hidden gem in the city. But it's only the hidden gem because it's so new. It only opened this year. As soon as people catch on there will be lines upon lines. Take advantage while you can. You'll regret it if you don't.

Try to to put words to it..... it's the coolest museum in the city. It's basically the history of news. Newscasters, newstories, what makes news, what we think makes news, what doesn't make news, but we as a society foolishly thinks it does, what news will look like in the future, what news looked like in the past.

You have to see it in person, and I wish I could put into words what I saw today. But a professional journalist I am not. I can only tell you, make sure it's on your Must See in D.C. list.

And the Nat Geo museum sucks and is a complete waste of time. And this is coming from someone who loves museums.

No comments: