Thursday, November 30, 2006

I have a headache. But I always have a headache, so that is not news. Maybe I should tell a doctor about all my headaches. Maybe.

I didn't work today. I really hate working. I want to be a housewife. a SAHW if you will. I think I would be really good at. How hard is it to cook dinner when you are home all day anyway? My condo would be clean, I could spend like two hours at the gym every day, I would have time to make dinner, and I wouldn't be stressed out at all. I don't understand this whole "feminist movement" thing. Okay, so I do. I do think that if a woman wants to have a career she should be able to. I'm not all 1950's Pleasantville. I just think it sucks that I have to work just because 50 years ago, all the housewives were depressed and addicted to Prozac because they got kicked out of their jobs when the men came home from war, and their daughters grew up wouldn't take no for an answer. Good for them. Great for them. Girl Power. BUT I DON'T WANT TO WORK! Okay, I would work part time. I'm agreeable to that, until such a time in which we have children. I'm a kickass cashier, if I do say so myself. I wouldn't mind doing that like 15 hours a week. Maybe even 20. But more than that.... I don't want to do it. I don't want a career. I don't want to work. Or I could volunteer. I could help out with a lot of good charities if I didn't need an income. I'm not saying I just want to sit at home and eat bonbons all day. I could contribute to society. I just don't want to work. But I have to. And I have to grad school so I can continue to raise my salary.

I'm not afraid to say I don't want a career. I really don't. I don't think that makes me a failure as a woman. It has nothing to do with it. I just hate working. :)

No comments: